Limited Edition — Out of Stock
OLIVE SIGNATURE FEATURES
- New High-Definition digital restoration
- Audio commentary with writers/directors The Wachowskis; actors Joe Pantoliano, Jennifer Tilly and Gina Gershon; film editor Zach Staenberg; and technical consultant Susie Bright
- “Part and Parcel” – with titles designer Patti Podesta
- “The Difference Between You and Me” – with B. Ruby Rich and Jen Moorman
- “Here’s Johnny!” – with Christopher Meloni
- “Hail Ceasar” – with Joe Pantoliano
- “Femme Fatales” – with Gina Gershon and Jennifer Tilly
- “Modern Noir: The Sights & Sounds of Bound” – with cinematographer Bill Pope, editor Zach Staenberg, and composer Don Davis
- Theatrical Trailer
- Essay by Guinevere Turner
A groundbreaking work of LGBTQ cinema, Bound stars Gina Gershon (Showgirls) as Corky, a tough-as-nails ex-con, and Jennifer Tilly (Bullets Over Broadway) as her lover Violet. A chance encounter in an elevator ignites a torrid affair between the two women, who soon plot to steal $2 million in laundered mob money and pin the blame on Violet’s mafioso boyfriend, Ceasar (Joe Pantoliano, The Sopranos). A stylish neo-noir, fusing classic tropes with hyper-stylized camera work and color design, Bound is a crackling retro-thriller that never strays too far from its noir roots and would become the first in a line of visually dazzling films from The Wachowskis, the writing and directing team behind the Matrix trilogy.
Bound features a stellar supporting cast that includes Christopher Meloni (TV’s Law & Order: SVU), Richard C. Sarafian (director of the cult film Vanishing Point) and John P. Ryan (Runaway Train) with exquisite photography by Bill Pope (Baby Driver) and razor-sharp editing by Academy Award winner® Zach Staenberg (Best Film Editing, The Matrix, 2000).