Hair – Olive Signature (Blu-ray)
Limited to 3,500 units!
OLIVE SIGNATURE FEATURES
- New HD restoration
- Audio commentary by assistant director Michael Hausman and actor Treat Williams
- “The Tribe Remembers” – with actors Beverly D’Angelo, Don Dacus, Ellen Foley, Annie Golden, John Savage, and Dorsey Wright
- “Making Chance Work: Choreographing Hair” – with choreographer Twyla Tharp
- “Cutting Hair” – with editors Lynzee Klingman and Stanley Warnow
- “Hair Style” – with production designer Stuart Wurtzel
- “Artist, Teacher, Mentor: Remembering Milos Forman” – with director James Mangold
- Essay by critic Sheila O’Malley
Hair, the Broadway rock musical sensation of 1968, would find its way to the big screen over a decade later under the masterful direction of two-time Academy Award® winner Milos Forman (Best Director – One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest – 1976, Amadeus – 1985) in a film adaptation as magical as it is timeless.
Based on the Gerome Ragni, James Rado and Galt MacDermot stage musical, Hair stars John Savage (The Deer Hunter) as naïve country boy Claude Hooper Bukowski, a Vietnam War draftee who travels to New York where he’s swept up in a world of free love, hallucinogens and romance, courtesy of hippies Berger (Treat Williams), Jeannie (Annie Golden), Hud (Dorsey Wright) and Woof (Don Dacus). Beverly D’Angelo co-stars as Sheila, a beautiful debutante and the object of Claude’s affections.
Hair boasts a catalog of hit songs — “Good Morning Starshine,” “I Got Life,” “Hair,” “Where Do I Go” — ingeniously staged and adeptly performed by its cast, including a heartbreaking rendition of “Easy to Be Hard,” a showstopper for actress Cheryl Barnes in her one and only screen performance.