Adventure is the name of the game in the action-packed, western-tinged The Night of the Grizzly. Clint Walker (The Dirty Dozen) stars as “Big Jim” Cole, a former lawman who trades his badge for rancher duds when he inherits land in Wyoming. But no sooner has the Cole family begun settling into their new life when nature — in the form of a blood-thirsty grizzly bear — rears its ugly head. Adding to the terror and tension are a group of envious neighbors who want the Cole property for themselves, and the unwelcome return of an outlaw from Big Jim’s past who’s out for revenge. Directed by Joseph Pevney (Man of a Thousand Faces), The Night of the Grizzly features a who’s-who of great character actors including Keenan Wynn (Once Upon a Time in the West), Jack Elam (Hannie Caulder), Leo Gordon (Hondo) and Ron Ely (TV’s Tarzan).
OLIVE SIGNATURE FEATURES
- New High-Definition digital restoration
- Audio Commentary by film historian Toby Roan
- “Blood on the Claw: How Cheyenne Bodie Became a Movie Star” – an essay by C. Courtney Joyner
- “The Legend of Big Jim Cole” – interview with Clint Walker
- The Night of the Grizzly World Premiere archival footage
- “At Home with Clint Walker and His Home Gymnasium” – archival interview